- Position the pumpkin such that the stem is facing upward.
- Using a very sharp chef’s knife (also called cook’s knife), cut the pumpkin just beside the stem in half.
- Use a spoon to remove the seeds in each one of the two pumpkin halves.
- Cut the half with the stem in half; thereby leaving the stem intact.
- Cut off the stem and the not-so-edible part at the base.
- If desired, you can peel the pumpkin with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut the pumpkin in cubes.
PLEASE TAKE CAUTION WHEN PERFORMING THIS TASK. TECHNIQUE MAY VARY, DEPENDING ON PUMPKIN.
Knife? Check! Arnie muscle power? Check! Get chopping!!!
If my instructions are incomprehensible due to poor wording, check out the following how-to video by a fellow blogger.