This is the ultimate feel-good pasta dish. It takes under 30 minutes to make and tastes incredible. It is laden with vitamins, minerals, protein and fiber. A 1-cup serving of cooked whole-wheat spaghetti meets roughly 23% of your daily fiber- and 16% of your daily protein requirement.
Vegan parsley cashew pesto not only tastes outlandishly good, but also provides many health benefits. Parsley is an excellent source of flavonoids, vitamin C, vitamin A and folic acid, which protect against heart disease and rheumatoid arthritis. Cashews are loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and antioxidants. Whoot!
This is the absolute crowd-pleaser, so invite friends and family for an impromptu, hassle-free dinner party. Crank up the music and have fun!
- Whole-wheat pasta
- Sea salt
- Fill a large, deep pot with approximately 1 liter of water for every 100 grams of whole wheat pasta that you plan to cook.
- Stir in 1 tbsp. of salt per each 500g of pasta to supercharge the cooked pasta’s flavor (optional).
- Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Pour the whole wheat pasta into the boiling water and stir immediately in order to prevent the individual pieces from sticking together.
- Keep the water at a low boil and continue to stir it every few minutes.
- Whole wheat pasta will be cooked to “al dente” (chewy) in roughly 10 to 14 minutes. Cooking time varies depending on brand and stove performance. Check for doneness by tasting a tiny pasta sample. The pasta should be soft, but still have a little bite to it. Finito!
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Cover the cashews with some water and let them sit for 1+ hours.
- Drain the cashews using a colander and add them to a food processor together with the other ingredients. (If you are in a hurry, steps 1 and 2 can be skipped)
- Process the mixture until your preferred consistency has been reached.
- Taste and add additional lemon juice and/or salt and pepper as desired.
- Use immediately or store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Vegan Cashew Parmesan & Toasted Cashews