Whenever I am asked to make cookies for a special function or simply want to surprise a friend with homemade cookies, I almost always choose to make chocolate chip cookies because they are a universal favorite. The secret ingredient in these amazing cookies is banana. The banana not only gets your taste buds jumping for joy, but also acts as an excellent egg replacer. So, whenever you are in need for some feel-good cookies, make this super simple recipe. After just one bite, you will be doing the happy dance.
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup dairy-free, semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup vegetable margarine or coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients, except the chocolate chips.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix all wet ingredients until well-combined.
- Add wet mixture to the dry one and then mix all ingredients until they are just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Flatten them out a bit with your palm.
- Sprinkle some salt over your cookies for an extra oomph.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool for roughly 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer your masterpieces to a cooling rack for another 10+ minutes.