I truly love making and eating banana bread. I have stopped counting how many times I have been asked for this recipe. This bread is very easy to make and tastes incredible. It is super moist and loaded with flavor. The 1/4 teaspoon of allspice is the icing on the cake and takes this recipe to a whole ‘nother level of goodness. Get ready for multiple bites of pure bliss!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups of flour – I prefer spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or veggie margarine
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice milk, mixed with 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar – soy milk works just as well.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Mash bananas and then set them aside in a bowl.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice. If you don’t have a sifter at hand, use a whisk to blend the ingredients.
- Mix together oil and sugars.
- In a cup or small bowl, add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to the milk and give it a whirl.
- Add mashed bananas, milk, and vanilla (I prefer the liquid kind).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and then mix well. Don’t overmix!
- Coat your bread pan with some veggie margarine or non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan and then bake for about an hour.
- To check for doneness, use either a sharp knife or a toothpick. Insert the toothpick in the center of the bread. If it comes out clean or has only a few moist crumbs attached to it, it’s done!
- Let the bread cool off before serving it.
Tip: After the bread has cooled off, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Eat within 3 to 5 days!