I truly love using my new food processor. It is not one of those fancy shmancy, expensive types, but it works just as well. As a matter of fact, it is so easy-to-use and creates such vegan deliciousness that after just two weeks in my possession, I can truthfully say that I am addicted to it.
Yesterday, I used my food processor to make scrumptious parsley cashew pesto. Compared to my basil walnut pesto, this sauce has a much stronger parmesanesque taste because the recipe calls for nutritional yeast, which has a nutty, cheesy flavor and is an excellent source of B vitamins.
Fact is that this pesto tastes so unbelievably good that you too won’t be able to resist the urge to eat it.
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Cover the cashews with some water and let them sit for 1+ hours.
- Drain the cashews using a colander and add them to a food processor together with the other ingredients.
- Process the mixture until your preferred consistency has been reached.
- Taste and add additional lemon juice or salt and pepper as desired.
BWI: This delicious pesto or any vegan pesto for that matter can be added to numerous dishes. I enjoy this special sauce with baked potato wedges or roasted vegetables.