Christmas is just a couple of days away and you still don’t have all your presents. No Problem! Decorated mason jars filled with delicious cookies make great presents. I recently gave one of my friends a cookie-laden Christmas jar and she was absolutely thrilled. These double chocolate peanut butter cookies taste amazing. They are practically brownies in the form of chocolaty chewy cookies. Lecker! So what are you waiting for? Get baking!
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax seeds + 3 tablespoon water)
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine
- 1/3 cup peanut butter – I used the crunchy kind!
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1-2 teaspoons non-dairy milk (optional)
- 100 g semi-sweet/ dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 °C and line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add flax seeds and water to a small bowl; give a quick mix; and then let mixture rest for 5 minutes.
- Add flax egg, margarine, butter, sugars, and vanilla extract to a large bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together until well-combined.
- Add the following ingredients one by one to the wet mixture: baking soda, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and sifted flour.
- If mixture is still too dry and crumbly, mix in a couple of teaspoons of non-dairy milk.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips until nicely combined.
- Form teaspoon-sized scoops of cookie dough into small discs and align them on parchment paper (4 rows of 4 cookies = 16 cookies!). Leave at least 2 cm space between each cookie.
- Bake for roughly 12-13 minutes or until slightly form to the touch.
- Remove and let set for a few minutes on the tray.
- Transfer cookies carefully to a plate or cooling rack to cool.
- Once completely cooled down, put cookies one-by-one neatly into mason jar. Add a bow and a cute Christmas tag. Done!
- Happy Holidays!