Unfortunately, I had to take a blogging hiatus because my newish laptop said “hasta la vista baby” after just three months in my possession. I’m no computer genius, but I honestly didn’t do anything wrong. The computer technician tried to convince me that the weather gods were responsible for the damage. He claimed that the laptop received an electric shock. Fortunately, that couldn’t be verified and consequently, my warranty kicked in and I had to pay nada for the repair job (almost 800 Euros!!! in damages) – phew!
Recently, I made super delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies for a student event at my university. This recipe is adapted from a recipe from Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero’s book Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar (Amazing!!!). These cookies are not only rich in fiber and flavor, but also void of refined sugar – yay! Plus, they are an absolute crowd pleaser. These cookies sold out in a flash! You got to try them! 😀
- 2 cups light spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup pure maple sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (65+%)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients, except the cornstarch and the chocolate chips.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add cornstarch to the wet ingredients and mix until the cornstarch is completely broken down and all ingredients are well-combined.
- Add wet mixture to the dry one and then mix all ingredients until they are just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Flatten them out a bit with your palm.
- Sprinkle some salt over your cookies for an extra oomph.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool for roughly 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer your masterpieces to a cooling rack for another 10+ minutes.