Today, I baked a fresh batch of vegan peanut butter cookies for a dear friend of mine, who is going through a difficult time in her life at the moment. I know that these cookies won’t relieve her pain, but I still hope that they will make her smile. These chewy and delicious peanut butter cookies are one of my friend’s favorites and I hope that you will like them just as much as she does. Enjoy! 🙂
- 1 cup (200g) sugar + ¼ cup (50g) for rolling
- ½ cup (112g) vegan butter or margarine
- 1 cup (250g) crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cups (190g) spelt flour
- 1-3 Tbsp dairy-free milk (if needed)
- Preheat oven to 190 °C.
- Add sugar and butter to a large mixing bowl and mix them together until creamy.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla extract and then mix until well-combined.
- In a medium-sized, whisk together salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and then mix until all ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Check cookie dough consistency by rolling some of it into a ball. If it holds together, you can move on to step 7; however, if it crumbles, add 1-3 Tbsp of non-dairy milk.
- Roll dough into balls, and then roll them in some sugar.
- Place sugar-coated dough balls onto a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Flatten dough balls with a spatula or by hand.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool for roughly 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer your masterpieces to a cooling rack for another 10+ minutes.